Information That We Collect
You’re free to explore our Site without providing any personal information about yourself. But in some circumstances, we may request, and you may submit, personal information.
We collect personal information that you provide when you accept an offer: subscribe to our email newsletter; enter contests, sweepstakes, or promotions; respond to surveys or polls, or engage in other activities; post or send us direct messages through our social media feeds; send us email messages through our Contact Us page; or contact our Customer Service Team by phone or email.
By accepting an offer or visiting our Site, you explicitly agree to our collection and use of this data.
We don’t collect personal information about our users’ online activities over time or across third-party websites. Like many websites, our Site doesn’t currently respond to “do not track” signals from browsers. But with most internet browsers, you can take steps to limit tracking; see Cookies on Our Site below for more information about blocking cookies.
Cookies on Our Site
- Personalize your experience;
- Collect aggregate information about Site usage by all of our users;
- Control the display of ads;
- Offer other products, services, and functionalities personalized to you; and
- Improve the performance of our Site to provide you with a better user experience.
For more on cookies and similar technologies, and the browser settings that control them, please visit All About Cookies at www.allaboutcookies.org.
How We Use Your Information
The information we collect from you may be used in one or more of the following ways:
- To provide a high level of customer service
- To respond to your requests as efficiently and effectively as we can.
- To send you emails with information about our products, nutrition, healthy lifestyle choices, promotions, and occasional company updates
- To administer or fulfill a marketing promotion, contest, sweepstakes, survey, or other feature of our Site.
- To perform data analyses (including anonymization and aggregation of personal information).
- To comply with applicable laws and regulations.
For security and other lawful corporate purposes, Planetary Herbals uses GPS location services, Geofencing, IP address tracking, logging, and other software, hardware, and measures to help prevent unauthorized access to its phones, digital devices, computers, and network. We use and retain location, name, radius data, and related information in order to accomplish the security and lawful corporate purposes described. Usage of any digital technologies at Planetary Herbals constitutes consent to these practices.
How We Protect Your Information
We use a variety of physical, administrative, and technical security measures to help protect your personal information from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure. These security measures may include firewall and security technology to maintain the integrity of the Site, password-protected directories and databases to safely store your information, or SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) technology to ensure that your information is fully encrypted and secure when sent across the internet.
While our security measures meet or exceed industry standards, no data transmission over the internet is 100% secure. Our top priority is to maintain the safety of your personal information, but we can’t guarantee the absolute security of any information you submit to our Site.
Disclosing Personal Information to Third Parties
We don’t sell, rent, or share any personally identifiable information about our visitors with any third party for advertising, marketing, or data analysis purposes.
We may share personal information with our affiliated and service providers who perform services on our behalf, based on our instructions. We may disclose your personal information with third parties if:
- You request or authorize it;
- The information is provided to help complete a transaction for you;
- The disclosure is done as part of a purchase, transfer, or sale of services or assets (for example, if another party acquires substantially all of our assets, personal information relating to customers, suppliers, and vendors may be one of the transferred assets);
- The information is provided to our agents, outside vendors, or service providers to perform functions on our behalf (such as analyzing data, providing marketing assistance, providing customer service, processing orders, etc.); or,
- We believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent harm or financial loss, or in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual espionage, cybersecurity events, or other fraudulent or illegal activity.
Keeping Personal Information
How long we keep information that we collect about you depends on the type of information. We retain aggregate information generated by cookies and other tracking technologies for a reasonable period of time from the date that such information was created.
We retain personal information that you provide to us where we have an ongoing, legitimate business need to do so (for example, as long as you’re subscribed to our services, or as needed to comply with our legal obligations or resolve disputes).
If you’ve subscribed to our emails, entered a contest or sweepstakes, participated in a social media initiative, or responded to a promotional offer, we retain the information you provided for a reasonable period of time from the date you last expressed interest in our content, products, or services (such as when you last opened an email from us).
When we have no ongoing need to retain personal information, we securely delete or anonymize it. We will delete your information sooner if you so request by contacting us as described in “How to Contact Us and Opt Out” below.
Links to Other Websites
Our Site may contain links to third-party websites whose privacy practices are different from ours. Such links are not an endorsement of these sites, their content, their owners, or their practices. We are not responsible for these sites and have no control over the information that they may collect. Users should consult these sites’ privacy policies for details about how they collect and use any information that you submit to them.
Children Under 18
Our Site is not intended for or targeted at children, nor do we knowingly collect any personal information from anyone under the age of 18. If you’re under 18, you may use this Site only with the involvement of your parent or guardian. If you believe that we’ve collected information about a child under 18, please contact us here so that we may delete it.
How to Contact Us
Planetary Herbals, Inc.
PO Box 2118
Santa Cruz, CA 95062
(800) 815-2333 or (831) 438-1144 (local), Mon-Fri 8am-4:30pm Pacific
Contact Us Page
Specific privacy and data retention requests can be made to the Webmaster using the form on our Contact Us page at https://www.planetaryherbals.com/contact_us
Territorial Use Restrictions, Jurisdiction, and European Union Compliance
Planetary Herbals, Inc. doesn’t engage in directed marketing efforts outside the United States and doesn’t maintain any sales, representatives, or other office or presence outside the United States. We do respond to inquiries that originate outside the United States, including from the European Union, and we’ve taken steps to comply with the requirements of the European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), but Planetary Herbals, Inc. is not required to register with any data protection authority.
Last updated January 12, 2021